Thursday, October 12, 2017

Strangers at a Funeral by: P.T. Phronk

Strangers at a Funeral

Synopsis:

Brandon notices them at his grandpa’s funeral first: a pair of men in sunglasses who nobody seems to know. They’re not family, they're not friends, they’re just … there. No big deal, until they show up again at the next funeral. Drawn into a world of funeral selfies and burial crashers, Brandon needs to know what these strangers want from the dead. 


Only problem is, nobody gives a crap except him, and his school frowns upon skipping classes to watch people get buried. His sanity can’t take many more funerals, and those bulges under the strangers’ coats probably aren’t concealing anything pleasant.


Rating:★★


Review:
For a short story it actually had a nice plot tempo going on throughout the book but I don't know if maybe I shouldn't have read this while I was tired but I think the ending completely went over my head. This definitely makes me want to scan the crowd at any funerals I go to now but I'm just not sure what was going on at the end. I feel like the ending got really shaken up and so much was going on I don't feel like I got a clear enough explanation for what was really happening. Of course I can always make my own speculations but they may be far from what the author was trying to say. 

So to wrap this up, I wouldn't put this in the horror category but it does tingle your paranoia, the ending definitely needs some cleaning up in my opinion, and I wouldn't recommend this because it can get pretty confusing since the conclusion is unclear.

No comments:

Post a Comment