Wednesday, January 10, 2018

The Attribute of Poetry by Elisa Galgut

The Attribute of Poetry

Synopsis:
These deeply felt poems are at once plain-speaking and alive with complexity; Galgut's elegant response to both pain and loveliness is inspiring. Elisa Galgut teaches in the Department of Philosophy at the University of Cape Town. She has a PhD in Philosophy from Rutgers University and a Masters in Creative Writing from the University of Cape Town. Her poetry has appeared in local literary journals and anthologies. She lives in Cape Town.

Rating:★★★

Review:
This actually started off pretty strong for me but it quickly went down hill from there, then I found myself on this weird roller coaster ride between love & hate. I just found myself in an unusual position while reading this, which was confusion. I've never had the problem reading poetry so it was a little unnerving to say the least. Most of the poems were enjoyable and the use of nature was very beautiful, but the others were just confusing. I can't in good conscience recommend this seeing that I was fairly confused during this book but you may see something that I didn't. May the force be with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment