Monday, August 28, 2017

August 3-in-1

The topic for August's 3-in-1 is books that made you lose track of time, which is pretty self explanatory. The 3 in 1 series was started in a Goodreads group called Booktubers from around the world created by Cherrie Walker.


Booktubers From Around The World ⇨ https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/195015-booktubers-from-around-the-world

1. Cinder by Marissa Meyers
Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1)

     Seeing that I absolutely hated the original Cinderella because she was a push over and I don't think she is a good role model for anyone, I didn't think I was going to like this because it is a Cinderella retelling, but I was supercalifragilisticexpialidocious wrong. I ran through this faster than I thought and I fell in love with Cinder as a character. Strong and persistent is exactly the words to describe this amazing girl/cyborg. 

2. Twilight Saga by Stephanie Meyers
Twilight (Twilight, #1)

     I am shamelessly and unapologetically a total twi-heart! This series jump started me back into reading in my early teen years and I absolutely devoured these books in a 1 book a day ratio. I don't understand what all the hate is about surrounding this series because I will forever be on #TeamEdward!

3. The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak
The Book Thief

     This book was very hyped up and let me tell you this book deserved every bit of it. I read this in 2015 for a book club and I was not expecting it to be as good as it was. I honestly thought it was going to be about someone literally stealing books, please don't ask me why. I enjoyed that it was so different from other WWII historical fiction novels as in the point of views we get to see things from. We got to see things from a German girl's eyes and not a Jew's for a change. We also got to hear things from our lovely narrator, Death himself, which made things very interesting. I got so drawn into this book I could sit there and read and not pay attention to the amount of time passing by.

1 comment:

  1. Great 3-in-1! I've read the first 2 books, but I haven't read the Book Thief. I thought it was about a girl who steals books also.

    ReplyDelete