Monday, August 28, 2017

Black Panther Vol. 1: Who is the Black Panther? By: Reginald Hudlin, Illustrated By: John Romita Jr.


Black Panther: Who Is The Black Panther? (Black Panther (2005-2008))

Synopsis:
Collects Black Panther (2005) #1-6. Deep in the heart of Africa is Wakanda, a technologically advanced civilization of great power and mystery. It's warrior-king is T'Challa, the latest in a famed family line, and the great hero known worldwide as the Black Panther. Despite the futile defeats of the past, outsiders are once more assembling to invade Wakanda and plunder its riches. Leading this brutal assault is Klaw, a deadly assassin with the blood of T'Challa's murdered father on his hands. Klaw brings with him a powerful army of super-powered mercenaries, all hell-bent on raining death and destruction on this pristine land. Even with Wakanda's might and his own superhuman skills, can the Black Panther prevail against such a massive invading force?

Rating: ★★★★


Review:
     I feel kind of embarrassed to say this but this is the first time I have read anything about the Black Panther. I've always heard his name being bought up in the super hero circle but I'm glad that I can finally say I actually know something about him.

     For some odd reason I loved seeing all the blood being shed over the course of history. I enjoyed watching the villains plans come together then fall apart and the ending of this volume was left on pretty good cliff hanger as well. I really appreciate Black Panther more than other proclaimed super heroes simply because he doesn't have any special powers, he just knows how to use his two fist and two feet to kick ass.

     I 100% want to continue to read more of the Black Panther comics in the near future and I seriously can't believe it took me so long to jump on the Black Panther train. CHOO-CHOOO!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment