Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier

Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier


Synopsis:
Gwyneth Shepherd's sophisticated, beautiful cousin Charlotte has been prepared her entire life for traveling through time. But unexpectedly, it is Gwyneth, who in the middle of class takes a sudden spin to a different era! Gwyneth must now unearth the mystery of why her mother would lie about her birth date to ward off suspicion about her ability, brush up on her history, and work with Gideon—the time traveler from a similarly gifted family that passes the gene through its male line, and whose presence becomes, in time, less insufferable and more essential. Together, Gwyneth and Gideon journey through time to discover who, in the 18th century and in contemporary London, they can trust.

Rating: ★★★★

Review:
I loved this so much!!!! This trilogy has been on my radar for so long and I honestly don't know what took me so long to actually start reading this. 

It's been a while since I read a time traveling novel that I actually like and I really really REALLY liked this one. The time travel itself, how it was incorporated into the story and how it evolved throughout the whole of the book, was handled with perfection. I loved how it started out uncontrolled but at same time it was explained where we as readers knew what was happening and we weren't left confused because of bad transitioning.  

I also loved the family dynamic. Not speaking of the obvious favoritism for whoever they thought had the time traveler gene but because it was a relatable family. Being that they're not perfect but not overly cruel, they just have the normal ups and downs of a real life family.

I love the friendship between Gwen and Leslie and how the author kept their friendship constant throughout the book, not letting it fade into the background or be over shadowed by everything going on with the plot. Their relationship is just so pure and I want it to stay that way. #FriendshipGoals 👭

I don't really care for Gideon or his an Gwen's budding "romance" and I pray for it not to be a thing. I don't feel like this book needs a romantic relationship, at least not between these two characters. I almost feel like it's a forced relationship and it just makes things awkward. #HellNaawwToTheNawNawNaw 👎🚫 #NoThankYou 🙅😷 #NotONMyWatch ⌚


I absolutely loved the Narrator! She made me laugh so hard when she voiced some of the characters and she just did an amazing job with everyone in general. The epilogue blew my mind and I'm still sitting here mind blown to pieces wondering what in the hell's going on and what did I just hear. I already downloaded Sapphire Blue and I'm ready to jump back into the mystery ASAP!!

No comments:

Post a Comment